Suggestions for Visiting With Cats
- Wear clothing proper for a visit with animals likely to sit in your lap, ride on your shoulders, jump onto you, or walk up your leg for attention. Most of our cats are not declawed; the occasional use of a claw as they interact with you is not uncommon.
- Always wash your hands. Cats have a heightened sense of smell compared to that of mere humans. They may decide your hand smells tasty or nasty and react accordingly. We have a handwashing station.
- When you visit, you're renting time and space to be with the kitties, even if it's just to watch them nap, and they do a lot of that, especially in the late afternoon hours. Some are active for several hours after we open. Some are active all day long, and some are just perpetual nappers.
- Quiet is how the cats like their home so please don't disrupt their peaceful atmosphere. We use background music that cats find pleasing. Our rooms are filled with classical music, especially Baroque. One exception is the Cosmos, which uses low frequency sounds for soothing the soul.
- We cannot accommodate more than 30 people in our space at the same time, so we might ask you to wait a little while when you arrive. When it comes to allowing people in at a certain time or after waiting, visitors who have prepaid their visit online have priority.
Terms and Conditions of Visiting
- All visitors 18 and older must sign our Notice of Release of Liability.
- For any child 17 or younger, a parent or guardian must sign this form wih the exception for children who remain in strollers and do not interact with the cats.
- No one may sign the form for any child who is not that person's legal responsibility. That child's parent or guardian must sign this form online or in person at our reception desk.
- If you will not be acccompanying your minor children on the visit. you must sign and submit the form online and designate a individual you authorize to supervise your children. If this authorized indiviual is a relative, that person must be at least 16. If this authorized individual is not a relative, that person must be at least 18. This authorized individual must remain with your children for the duration fo the visit. In addition, identification will be required and verified.
- Be advised that no more than two children eight years old or younger may be on the premises at the same time.
Notice of Release of Liability
Rules of Visiting
- Wash your hands at the handwashing station provided.
- Do not pick up the cats without permission and/or supervision.
- Do not pull a cat's tail.
- Do not stand on the furniture.
- Do not climb the cat trees, walkabouts, or other furniture or features.
- Do not touch the fountains.
- Keep your children at arm's length and watched at all times. Supervise them closely.
- Ask which sleeping cats are OK to pet.
- Please keep cats off tables when food is present.
- Do not make loud noises in the cat lounge areas.
- Do not use flash photography.
- Do not feed the cats.
Groups and Parties
- Monday through Friday: For one hour minimum from noon and 6:00 pm
- Sunday: For one hour minimum from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Saturday: We cannot accommodate private party or event reservations on Saturdays
- Monthy for Individual: The monthly subscription fee is $45.
- Monthy for Family up to 4: The monthly subscription fee is $70.
- Yearly for Individual: The yearly subscription fee is $450.
- Yearly for Family up to 4: The yearly subscription fee is $700.